Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My First Blog!!

This is sooo overwhelming! I've been wanting to start a blog for so long, and now I can't think about anything to write/rant about.... crap.

I know, I will explain (ramble) about the title of my blog. I LOVE dive bars - there is no where else I feel more comfortable, any city, any country - sit my ass in a dive bar and I am at home! This could date back to my early days in England when I would follow my father around to all the local pubs and working mens clubs... I have strong memories of begging to play on the slot machines and bacon flavored crisps. Now he is a bartender - really sweetens having to visit the family when you know they will be serving you the sweet nectar... hehe.

I have progressed though - I have made my way across the big pond to America and now I visit my boyfriend at the dive bar where he works... yeah... big changes! So you see I am forever destined to be the Diva at the dive bar.

Now for the Diva part... I'm not sure I totally qualify to be a total Diva. I don't think I make enough money... But the bf has frequently pointed out that I am incapable of simply walking into a room/bar. Apparently I strut in like I own the place and flip my hair... whatthefuckever. I will admit that I do prefer to enter wearing my biggest shades and then whip them off when I suddenly (totally calculated) realise it is too dark inside to wear them... ah crap he's right. Oh well own who you are - I'm the Diva of the Dives!!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing more about your exploits!

    XOXOXOXOXO

    DD

    ReplyDelete